The tropical setting of Monster Hunter World is about to get a frosty makeover!
Put on your toque and parka because the Monster Hunter World: Iceborne beta is arriving on PS4.
This free beta is coming in two waves:
- June 21 (3am PDT) to June 24 (3am PDT) – exclusive beta period for PlayStation Plus members
- June 28 (3am PDT) to July 1 (3am PDT) – available to all PS4 owners
If you’re a PS Plus user, you get access to both betas happening this both weekend and next. Capcom will be enabling a preload option a couple of days before each beta period begins, so make sure you download early to take advantage of the full beta time.
While Iceborne is an expansion, you won’t need the base Monster Hunter World game in order to participate in the beta.
Keep in mind that the full release of Iceborne, which launches on September 6th, 2019, does require you to own Monster Hunter World. If you don’t have the base game, an option is to pick up the Monster Hunter World Iceborne Master Edition. This combo pack includes the full version of Monster Hunter World plus the Iceborne expansion. Master Edition is also available on Xbox One.
Get the jump on Monster Hunter World Iceborne
The PS4 beta offers three quests across all skill levels:
- Beginner quest – challenge the beginner-friendly Great Jagras from Monster Hunter World.
- Intermediate quest – battle the brand new horned brute wyvern Banbaro.
- Advanced quest – fight the fierce Tigrex, a returning series favourite.
All 14 weapons will be included in the beta, such as the Great Sword, Gunlance, Charge Blade and more. A training area is also accessible where you can hone your monster hunting skills.
What’s great is you’ll earn an item pack for each quest you complete (up to three packs total), which can then be brought into the full version of Iceborne this fall. The packs will contain “helpful consumables,” according to Capcom, so we’ll have to wait and see what goodies they are.